After this amazing summer with the Olympics (and a US Open tennis champion from the UK), here is a holiday which features two sports which, at the moment, are not in the Olympics! In April 2013, Gary Sobers is hosting his 12th Annual golf competition over 72 holes at Sandy Lane in Barbados. There are different categories within the tournament so something for everyone, ie men’s, seniors’, super seniors’ and ladies’ competitions!
Here are the details:
– 20th April – Fly from the UK to Barbados with Virgin (or with BA, if preferred). Transfer by executive car to Sandy Lane Hotel
– 21st to 22nd April – two days to relax, enjoy your hotel, explore the island and perhaps play The Green Monkey! (at extra cost)
– 23rd April – Welcome drink and light lunch followed by a round of golf hosted by Sir Garfield Sobers
– 24th April – Free practice day – 9 holes at either The Country Club or the Old Nine
– 25th April – The tournament starts
– 26th April – Day 2 of the tournament
– 27th April – Day 3 of the tournament
– 28th April – Final round of the tournament, followed by prize giving
– 29th April – Depart Sandy Lane by executive car and return flight to the UK with Virgin
– 30th April – Arrive in the UK early morning
Prices are from £4035 per person which includes economy flights, transfers, 9 nights accommodation with double occupancy of an Orchid Room and full breakfast daily at Sandy Lane, entry fee to the Sir Garfield Sobers 72-hole Stroke Play Competition, unlimited use of non-motorised water sports and tennis courts. Prices can vary over time but are correct as of 18 September 2012.
If these dates don’t suit you, or you would prefer to fly out on a different date or return later, we can organise this for you.
Here are photos taken at Sandy Lane when we have played there:
If you are simply interested in a holiday in Barbados, with or without golf, please contact us as we can offer other hotels all-year round. Please ask us for more details.
For more information and reservations, please call 01276 25511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Also, please forward these details to your friends and fellow golfers who are cricket fans as we are sure that this will be a very popular holiday.